Default Recommend me a router!

I am looking for a DSL router/modem with 4 or more ports. Must have this primary feature - "set max-min bandwidth on each port"

thanks...

Default Re: Recommend me a router!

murag dinagko na nga router imo paliton kay sa mga basic router lng nakadefault sharing ang bandwidth AFAIK...

yeah - i know 3com and cisco routers can do the stuff i need... basin naa diay for soho (4-10 users)

you mean traffic shaping or just setting 10Mbps, 100Mbps half and full duplex?

I am after for ethernet port throttling.

Each of the four 10/100BaseT Ethernet ports can be limited to a maximum throughput (RX and RX selectable). e.g. Port 1 could be set to provide max 256Kb/s to prevent individual users, or LAN branches (segments) from consuming too much of your broadband bandwidth.

I got a SpeedTouch (Thompson) 580i 4ports hooked with 4 pc - I just want to limit each computer to a maximum-minimum speed in downloading/uploading.

A good modem/router is Draytek Vigor2600Plus - ADSL Router, Firewall, VPN Device with Printer Port.

Any other recommendation? THANKS

try this site naay software nila kacontrol ug bandwidth, this brand mao ni gamit sa among ISP provider philcom, mikrotik ang brand... how i know bout this brand, hehehehehe i access the IP router banga mn ang network admin la nakahide maaccess kulang na lng admin password para ako patas an ako bandwidth...

www.mikrotik.com

@HybernaTe:

Bro, look for options and settings for QoS in your router (Quality of Service). That is a great feature to prioritize users and apply caps on ports.... even MAC filtering to slow someone down on the network.

or

use software to limitBW.. such as NetLimiter..etc.. (installed to each client that you want to limit)

or

on some forums they use some hacked firmware/s on their routers

or

just install Bandwidth Controller on the internet-providing PC (SERVER) and you get control over all client PCs. There is no need for any client-side software or configuration, it is all done centrally on the server.

or

You could also go into network settings, double-click on the NIC card of that PC, go into advanced, click on the link speed/duplex mode and choose 10 Half Mode in hopes of slowing it down.

or

BUY HIGH-END ROUTER...

@all = thanks for the tips.

9.    Advertisement