Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Digging your roots

Fellow musicians and artists, in this thread we dig back to when we were just fans of this artist, band or group that made you begin what you are still doing right now. No matter how "baduy" they already sound, do not be ashamed to post who they are or were.

Every musician/artist or listeners alike who are into their favorite genre, don't hesitate to post. May you be a lover of heavy metal, prog metal, new metal, punk, rock, R&B, pop, hard core rap, hip-hop, trip-hop, trance...whatever it is that floats your boat.

Let me start off:

- It was Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction that made me love rock music. Every aspect of it.

Back in 1989, when I was still 11 years old, there was this neighbor of mine who gave to me a tape of that album. From that time on, listening to Welcome To The Jungle to Sweet Child Of Mine, my musical tastes changed.

- It was listening to Nuno Bettencourt of Extreme, Scotti Hill, lead guitar player of the band Skid Row and Slash of Guns n' Roses that influenced me into studying lead guitar.
    وليس هناك كعكه ، والكعكه هو كذبة.

I never started with Bon Jovi but during my high school years, a girl (not a metaller) gave me the opportunity to listen to Green Jello and Metallica's Black... that's were it started.

Used to be a great Metallica fan....

Shifted to a much darker bands such as Manowar, Marilyn Manson, NIN etc.

I used to hate mainstream stuffs...

But now.. i don't know... what's wrong with me....

I love listening to Jason Mraz, D' Sound, John Mayer, Sade, etc....

But still... Metal RULES!!!!!

OUTFIELD jud ako... Play Deep album.. di gihapon ko baduyan bisag karon...

Blog Entries

I have always been a Beatle Fan. But in the broader aspects of Rock music, I have known this thru my friend way back in high school when he did some recordings on a cassette of songs that came from his uncle. The Track Listing, as far as I remember are as follows:
    [list]Vince Neil - Forever
    Soul Asylum - Runaway Train
    Lita Ford - Shot Of Poison
    MÖtLÉy CrÜe - Home Sweet Home
    Vince Neil - Can't Change Me
    Damn Yankees - Where You Goin' Now?
    Guns N' Roses - Patience
    Extreme - Song For Love
    Tesla - Love Song
    Skid Row - 18 & Life[/list:u]
    And when he gave the tape to me, he said,"Kani bay, OK ni siya. Paminawa gyud."
    ... And I listened. And I got hooked to Rock Music more than ever since then.
    I would say that guitar rock really made a big impression on me.

In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side.

Hehe! I bought my first rock album when I first year high school and never knew anything about rock. I just told the Primrose attendant that I wanna buy a "rock" album with some "rock" songs in it.

...she gaved me "Certified Death".

... days later I sold it to my uncle and bought another one. Cherry Pie by Warrant

I saw Red and Cherry Pie blows me off!

But it was really the Black Album that made me become like this.

Primrose.

Is it still around? I built my Narada collection from that old store in Colon. Until I learned to buy direct from Narada publisher, Primrose was the store for me.

d funny thing that enslaved me to rock were those cool haunting licks(background themes) i used to hear from old cartoon movies i used to watch when i was a kid like skeleton warriors, silverhawks, thundercats, etc... dont know who played them. i think it was like subconciously burried in my mind. when i was in high school and college, i was just like those mainstream listeners and could at least play some 'girl' songs, but something just tells me that im missing those haunting licks, and i wanna hear them back again. at least, find a band which could give me some similarities of the sound haunting me. Got no deep knowledge then of non mainstream bands. Till a friend told me about a megadeth. i used to view them as baduy and karaang adis2x. then i saw the video on 'trust', it was just like, "Welcome to the dark side....". yeah baby, this was just what i was looking for. And it was then that I started to engage on some serious fretboard gymnastics.

MEGADETH is cool!!! But still Dave Mustaine, the vocalist, has this long time grudge to Metallica and I do believe that while making his album, he would probably think of Metallica... if he could defeat them in some ways. Try watching the Doc. Film "Some kinda monster" by Metallica.

But I like their Youthanasia Album.... and the album before that. The rest.... never mind.

Hahaha... I started out listening to Run DMC, LL Cool J (Debut Album).. Tapos, i started listening to rock music when i first got a copy of GnR's "Appetite for Destruction".. Pero my introduction to non-mainstream music was when i bought the debut album of Big Audio Dynamite.. after ato, i started digging... Pero the artists that inspired me to make music were REM, Nirvana, The Eraserheads, Yano, and The *** Pistols..

However, the bands that i mentioned merely ignited the flame... A lot of artists have influenced me for the past 10yrs...

Wa gyud ko mo agi ug 80's Metal, Thrash Metal, or POP bisag katung pag sikat sa MENUDO .. na influence kog maayo sa akong maguwang. Iyang mga "PLAKA" sa una kay mga THE SMITHS, NEW ORDER, ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN, JESUS AND MARY CHAIN, LOTUS EATERS, etc... Pugson pa kos akong maguwang nga pag tigom kay naay nindot nga plaka mo gawas.
    Dugaya na ato uy.. Grade 4 or grade 5 (1984-85) ko ato nya hangtod karon, minaw lang gihapon ug new wave.

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast