Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is your favorite prayer or verse from the bible or religious poem?

Unsa'y inyo ganahan na prayer/s or verse/s from the bible na unique o di ba kaha meaningful? Og ngano man?

No vicious arguments in this thread ha...

Let's push the ignore button on naysayers kung manghilabot sila.

Everyone is welcome

Usa ka prayer na ako ganahan kay kini by St. Therese de Lesieux:

"May today there be peace within.
    May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
    May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
    May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
    May you be confident knowing you are a child of God.
    Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
    It is there for each and every one of us"

It's very humbling... and it makes me stop on my tracks and wonder about God's infinite mercy.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    A Prayer for Humility
    Because the first must be the last
    And only little ones can pass
    Beyond the gate--narrow and small
    Where God is waiting for us all.

Jesus, lift my spirit up
    I raise to You my empty cup
    As I approach the narrow way
    Make me a little one today.

by Diane Allen

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    1 Corinthians 13:1-8a and 13
    If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails....And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    (NIV)

Our Father and I Believe In God many times a day ^^

favorite verse

Psalm 28:7

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
    1 John 4:18

..AMEN..

2 Corinthians 12:7-10

7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I like Paul's Epistles a lot.

PS

Meron pa nga akong favorite Christian song eh.... i'll post it pag may nag start na ng thread. hehe.

Blog Entries
    mine is- and Judas betrayed Jesus.

nah just kidding, here is one of my favorite-John 11:35 Jesus wept

Quote Originally Posted by karwren View Post
    2 Corinthians 12:7-10

7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I like Paul's Epistles a lot.

PS

Meron pa nga akong favorite Christian song eh.... i'll post it pag may nag start na ng thread. hehe.

thanks for this post. i have been looking for this verse. i read this one before. some of it's lines were stuck in my head, especially the last one, but couldn't seem to remember which of Paul's epistles it was found in. i like it a lot since, for me, it captures what it means to live as a Christian.

i think you can post your song here... songs are poems anyway

PSALM 91 and Corinthians 13

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast