Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast
    Banned User
    Blog Entries

Im sorry to disappoint you all.
    Men were not meant to know God.
    There is an ocean of difference between the level of beings between man and God.
    And that huge difference is seen if you compare what man can do between with what God can do.
    So to talk about God is mere speculation on our part.

It is like saying the ant can know what the solar system looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    are you trying to act funny? the attempt was almost a success, I started to laugh till I sense something sarcastic along the tone of your statement. I hope I'm wrong tho.

what is there is actually there, the difference is, you were not trained to see it, no offense. Revelation is a book of prophecy. Much of the verses are used to structure and defined Christian Eschatology.

Mentioned inside the book is the coming judgment of God. The Book states that God will destroy this present worldly system and will establish a new one. The reason behind this is the rampant corruption of sin around the world.

In the opening chapter of Revelation particularly 1:8 john declared the words Alpha and Omega and in the last chapter w/c is 22 in verse 13, john again declared the words Alpha and Omega as referring to God and in between chapters 1 and 22, is written the plan of how the present worldly sytem will be destroyed. That's the significance of John's declaration of God as being the Alpha and Omega.

you can invite me sometimes james, i can conduct a bible study for you and your household.
    No, no sarcasm intended.
    Just the understanding of years of fellowship with Reverend Wayne Stevens who was 9 time ordained, who was a very close and personal friend. His knowledge of the text was like no man I have ever met. My wife and I sat in fellowship for years with many church leaders of many denominations who came to study under his tutorage. We are very well versed and trained I ensure you. I thank you for your offer. I would want to know your ordainment and qualifications before I took Bible study with you. I take that serious. Please understand that there are a lot of disillusioned and amateur want-a-be ministers out in this world. When it comes to the mortal souls and the salvation of my family I must be very protective.

The phrase Alpha and Omega was use 3 times in revelations and references both God and Christ. Man's corrupt world system and religions will end, but man does not. There is the Great Tribulation, the second coming, the Final Judgment, then the New Heavens and New Earth. There is no Grand End of all things, just progressive steps leading to our eternal existence. If there is a Grand End, he never told us what it is.

Alpha and Omega can only mean in the beginning of creation and at the end of all creation. If there is no Grand End, than it means he will be with us always. What is forever? It is infinity. What is infinity? Never ending.

Simple as if through the eyes of a child. If man is to live in the new body forever, than their is no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Doctor View Post
    There is an ocean of difference between the level of beings between man and God.
    And that huge difference is seen if you compare what man can do between with what God can do.

Very well said, and simple spoken, I believe you understand it more than most.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    No, no sarcasm intended.
    Just the understanding of years of fellowship with Reverend Wayne Stevens who was 9 time ordained, who was a very close and personal friend. His knowledge of the text was like no man I have ever met. My wife and I sat in fellowship for years with many church leaders of many denominations who came to study under his tutorage. We are very well versed and trained I ensure you. I thank you for your offer. I would want to know your ordainment and qualifications before I took Bible study with you. I take that serious. Please understand that there are a lot of disillusioned and amateur want-a-be ministers out in this world. When it comes to the mortal souls and the salvation of my family I must be very protective.

The phrase Alpha and Omega was use 3 times in revelations and references both God and Christ. Man's corrupt world system and religions will end, but man does not. There is the Great Tribulation, the second coming, the Final Judgment, then the New Heavens and New Earth. There is no Grand End of all things, just progressive steps leading to our eternal existence. If there is a Grand End, he never told us what it is.

Alpha and Omega can only mean in the beginning of creation and at the end of all creation. If there is no Grand End, than it means he will be with us always. What is forever? It is infinity. What is infinity? Never ending.

Simple as if through the eyes of a child. If man is to live in the new body forever, than their is no end.

No sarcasm? good.

To be taught under a good teacher does not necessarily placed the student in equal footing with the teacher. Take into consideration the different grades earned by the students,from excellent to failure, who are studying in good Universities, tho provided with excellent professors still some fail in their subjects. Having a good teacher is great but still you have to work out your skill on your own.

Im only offering Bible study not salvation. You know sometimes when we are too focus on one teacher,our tendency to overlook a teacher's mistake is possible. To avoid that I'm offering you a bible study to make you think and critical of his lessons once in awhile.

yes I told you that already. The present worldly system will come to an end.

sorry but I never told you about the world having to go to a Grand end, that's your own interpretation of my statement. I only said God as Omega will put an end the present worldly system by DESTROYING it. I don't know why you are avoiding the word DESTROY.

If man is going to live in a new body then his old body must be destroyed. if there is a coming new Earth then the old must go through the process of change and where there is change there is a substantial phase of destruction.

the Reverend didn't teach you that uh? Wait the Reverend taught you that alpha and Omega can mean a name for a sorority?

and before you reply please bear this in mind that I don't think your interpretation of Alpha and Omega is wrong only it was spread in a simple manner. don't get offended by that please. and stop avoiding the word DESTROY.
    Last edited by Malic; 01-15-2010 at 07:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Doctor View Post

well our friends here think that the bible is the source to know God.

when someone says God is this and that, these people would jump on you and pop a bbile verse in your face and tells you NO No No, that's not God, then they spew out the magic word that goes something like this..."According to the bible, you are wrong about your definition of God, this is how God should be define..." then out chains of verses.

naa jud diay kaila sa ginoo. lols!

No sarcasm? good.

To be taught under a good teacher does not necessarily placed the student in equal footing with the teacher. Take into consideration the different grades earned by the students,from excellent to failure, who are studying in good Universities, tho provided with excellent professors still some fail in their subjects. Having a good teacher is great but still you have to work out your skill on your own.

Im only offering Bible study not salvation. You know sometimes when we are too focus on one teacher,our tendency to overlook a teacher's mistake is possible. To avoid that I'm offering you a bible study to make you think and critical of his lessons once in awhile.

yes I told you that already. The present worldly system will come to an end.

sorry but I never told you about the world having to go to a Grand end, that's your own interpretation of my statement. I only said God as Omega will put an end the present worldly system by DESTROYING it. I don't know why you are avoiding the word DESTROY.

If man is going to live in a new body then his old body must be destroyed. if there is a coming new Earth then the old must go through the process of change and where there is change there is a substantial phase of destruction.

the Reverend didn't teach you that uh? Wait the Reverend taught you that alpha and Omega can mean a name for a sorority?

and before you reply please bear this in mind that I don't think your interpretation of Alpha and Omega is wrong only it was spread in a simple manner. don't get offended by that please. and stop avoiding the word DESTROY.
    I'm not offended. I have engaged on this subject many times. I have not problem with God destroying the old to create the rebirth of all. I have no problem with your definition of "Destroy" in context with scripture, and as part of the process there will be a type of destruction required as matter is manipulated and rearranged into the rebirth of the universe; not unlike the process of making Glass or steel when the required elements are fuzzed together making a new creation. In science the atomic structure is manipulated but the matter of each element is still there, it has just been rearranged.

I only have a different interpretation if the word Omega as used in reference to God and Christ, and your claim as meaning destruction or destroy. It is the Hebrew language and it's exacting interpretations and word usage. If God meant I am the "Alpha and Omega", "Beginning and End." Than these words are then imperfect because what he is really saying by your interpretation is. I am in the beginning of the creation of the universe(Alpha), I destroy all creation(Omega), then recreate the whole of the universe, give man a new body, and then will be with man forever(this can not then be Omega). He would have and should have said so. I am the Alpha and the Omega and Omega again; or I am the Alpha and Omega, and then we all just hangout together and chill on my New Earth enjoying my New Creation, until some unspecified time frame.

It has to mean "I was before Man and I will be after Man." or the term is imperfect in reference to man, as it was told in reference of man.

You can choose that interpretation if you wish. I see it as flawed. You are right in that the Bible is a complex interpretation, and even those with Doctorates sometimes fail to fully understand. I trust my teacher because he is who many of those Doctorates came to have their questions answered. As I said before there are more text and writings than just that of the Bible text. You have to be able to go to the source text Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic so you can find the flaws with the Latin and English translations. It was nice to study with a teacher that could actually read Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, Arabic, and Latin; each to college level. Do you read and understand any of these languages?

Here is a prime example:
    "Do not let a witch live among you." (WRONG INTERPRETATION)
    "Do not let a poisoner live among you" (Proper interpretation). So those that burned witches committed murder, the church that demanded this action were all accessories to murder. Misinterpretations are a dangerous thing; they can damn both those that speak them and those that hear them, and hurt a lot of innocent people in the process.

You do not believe you possess a true understanding of the Bible or Christ and I could not in all honesty trust your interpretations of the text or the agenda of your interpretations. Too many faces over too many posts. It is just not in your heart, your post bare that out to be true. We will keep our distance and we will just enjoy each other's exchanges. The difference with us is, I am not the one doubting and having to ask questions. I have read too many of your post to truly find you credible or qualified to instruct the family I love in the teachings of Christ. To me it is their salvation and to you it is just a game of show. I will trust my teachers and I trust my text, and I will stay my course; and you can follow yours, and I hope it leads you to where you wish to be.
    Last edited by jamesmusslewhite; 01-15-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    I'm not offended. I have engaged on this subject many times. I have not problem with God destroying the old to create the rebirth of all. I have no problem with your definition of "Destroy" in context with scripture, and as part of the process there will be a type of destruction required as matter is manipulated and rearranged into the rebirth of the universe; not unlike the process of making Glass or steel when the required elements are fuzzed together making a new creation. In science the atomic structure is manipulated but the matter of each element is still there, it has just been rearranged.

I only have a different interpretation if the word Omega as used in reference to God and Christ, and your claim as meaning destruction or destroy. It is the Hebrew language and it's exacting interpretations and word usage. If God meant I am the "Alpha and Omega", "Beginning and End." Than these words are then imperfect because what he is really saying by your interpretation is. I am in the beginning of the creation of the universe(Alpha), I destroy all creation(Omega), then recreate the whole of the universe, give man a new body, and then will be with man forever(this can not then be Omega). He would have and should have said so. I am the Alpha and the Omega and Omega again; or I am the Alpha and Omega, and then we all just hangout together and chill on my New Earth enjoying my New Creation, until some unspecified time frame.

It has to mean "I was before Man and I will be after Man." or the term is imperfect in reference to man, as it was told in reference of man.

You can choose that interpretation if you wish. I see it as flawed. You are right in that the Bible is a complex interpretation, and even those with Doctorates sometimes fail to fully understand. I trust my teacher because he is who many of those Doctorates came to have their questions answered. As I said before there are more text and writings than just that of the Bible text. You have to be able to go to the source text Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic so you can find the flaws with the Latin and English translations. It was nice to study with a teacher that could actually read Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, Arabic, and Latin; each to college level. Do you read and understand any of these languages?

Here is a prime example:
    "Do not let a witch live among you." (WRONG INTERPRETATION)
    "Do not let a poisoner live among you" (Proper interpretation). So those that burned witches committed murder, the church that demanded this action were all accessories to murder. Misinterpretations are a dangerous thing; they can damn both those that speak them and those that hear them, and hurt a lot of innocent people in the process.
    When you are not in focus your mind would pull you away to someplace else and that is exactly what is happening to you right now.

okay Alpha and Omega means Beginning and End. Now when He says that He is the beginning, what does it really mean? according to your simple interpretation it means the He was there from the very start of time and even before time. BUT does the meaning stop there, that He was there sitting in someplace since the beginning of time? James,the meaning does not end there. That kind of interpretation James takes the very essence of the meaning of the word Alpha or God being the "Beginning". What John wanted us to know in his declaration was that God is the Creator, The Source, The first, etc. of everything.

Same thing with the word Omega or end. God being The End means that He will stop and destroy whatever it is that He wanted destroyed and changed. The word does not only mean and let me quote you..."he is at the end of man's time", the essence of that word goes beyond than just being there at the end of man's time. It means God being the Omega or The End will changed and destroy something.

Your interpretation is too simple and I must say that it is way out of the intended context of the book of Revelation. The Book of Revelation talks about "destruction and punishment" so you should treat the words Alpha and Omega or Beginning and End within the boundaries of the context.

Once again let me give you a clear picture of your interpretation of the word Alpha and Omega.
    let me quote you... Simple He was before man's time, during the middle of man's time, and he is at the end of man's time. All at once, at the same time.God said let their be light, and Jesus spoke the word. Jesus spoke to Abraham and Moses thousands of years before he was born in an earthly body. At the battle of Armageddon God will motion when the time is his to know, and Jesus will sound the charge. The Final Judgment God and his Son will be both present. here, you are only saying that God was there from the beginning and He will be there in the End. very simplistic.

see, I think you forgot that the context from where Alpha and Omega is taken from is the Book of Revelation were Armageddon,Judgment day, the rise of the anti-christ and his kingdom, and the destruction of the anti-christ and his kingdom is mentioned. Your exegesis must be based on the context James. If we are to compare my interpretation with yours, I must say that mine is closer to the context. yours is too simple tho not wrong but it did not hit the mark.

did the Reverend taught you about this?
    Last edited by Malic; 01-15-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite
    You do not believe you possess a true understanding of the Bible or Christ and I could not in all honesty trust your interpretations of the text or the agenda of your interpretations. Too many faces over too many posts. It is just not in your heart, your post bare that out to be true. We will keep our distance and we will just enjoy each other's exchanges. The difference with us is, I am not the one doubting and having to ask questions. I have read too many of your post to truly find you credible or qualified to instruct the family I love in the teachings of Christ. To me it is their salvation and to you it is just a game of show. I will trust my teachers and I trust my text, and I will stay my course; and you can follow yours, and I hope it leads you to where you wish to be.
    this is too way out. Just focus on our discussion. Avoid personal remarks that would lead to attacking other people's persona....tsk tsk...

simple ra mn ng Alpha and Omega ui... God is perfect... he is never changing... from beginning to end..

What/Who is God?

Its getting late,hehe, let me answer this one maybe tomorrow if I have the time.
    What is GOD?
    answer: a supreme being, Almighty and Creator.

Who is GOD?
    Answer: then this will be a subjective question.
    Many Religion/Belief/Churches have different GOD.
    And if you're going to define GOD generally, many will react.

But if were going to be specific: WHo is GOD of Israel, Abraham,Jacob, Isaac, Jesus Christ and Christians then the answer is clear.

Many believe that no matter what's your religion or denomination we still serve one GOD, its like many ways but one destination.

In the bible its not the case.

Peace!

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast