Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default "FACE-OFF" (well, at least half of it) now a reality

First full face transplant successful in Spain – Paging Dr. Gupta - CNN.com Blogs

I say "half" because in this case, the donor of the face died I think.

Doctors in Spain say they have performed the world's first complete face transplant according to European news agencies.

The patient, a man injured in a shooting accident, had been unable to breathe or swallow, and had difficulty speaking, the BBC reported. He was a farmer who shot himself in the face in 2005, the Times of London said.

He had undergone nine failed operations before being considered for the transplant, the BBC said.

The transplant operation took place in Barcelona in March, but the details were just announced. The patient received cheekbones, nose, lips and teeth from a donor.

The medical team's leader, Joan Pere Barret, told a news conference that the patient was satisfied when he saw his new appearance. He has scars on his forehead and neck, but they will be concealed in the future, Barret said, according to Spain's El Mundo.

Although this is the first total face transplant, there have been partial face transplants in France, the United States, China and Spain. The first was when doctors operated on Isabelle Dinoire in Amiens, France, in 2005. She had been mauled by her dog.

In 2008, the United States had its first-ever near-total face transplant. Connie Culp, injured by a bullet in 2004, received the nose, upper lip, and cheekbones of a donor in a 22-hour operation at the Cleveland Clinic.

-RODION

wow, opportunity na sa mga wanted... kuyaw mag pa transplant si ben laden.... yeah rodsky maka remember lang ko atong nahitabo nimo sa jeep murag fight scene sa face-off ang imo jeep lang sa face-off speed boat hehehe...

mgpa ilis nya kug nawong.. kanang bati napud.. haha!

ayay nahan ko ani da. pwd pabation ako nawng. hehe

pila kaha ang bayad ani mag pa transplant ug nawong sa kay mag pailis pud ko ug nawong kanang dili nko pansinun sa mga babaye..hehehe

face transplant. i think mao pd ni kd2ng s repley's believe it or not, kd2ng wla nawng dn gbuhatan cya..

btaw sa ? pila kaha ni...

nahan ko magpailis.. kanang mamatay or maaksidente si piolo or tomcruise... ako kuhaon ila nawng...

selling my face, 23 years used. (negotiable) 2 weeks personal warranty

naa nay mo post ani sa buy ang sell section.
    hehehe.

selling my face, 23 years used. (negotiable) 2 weeks personal warranty

naa nay mo post ani sa buy ang sell section.
    hehehe.

question:
    pwede curo mag transplant ug mga body parts

from mga dead on arrival accidents victims ba...

like eyes , arms , hands nose .... with the concent lang sa owner bah

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast