Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Read This First Before Upgrading To 3TB Hard Disk

Guys alam nyo na ba na not all computers can support a 3TB hard disk.
    Unfortunately for those using Windows XP, 3TB HDD will not work.
    But for those who are using Vista and Win7, it will work but you have to use another hardware called HBA.

Read more here...
    -----link removed----

---------------------------------
    Original Post: Guys alam nyo na ito, na may limit ang kaya ng current OS at hardware and can not fully support 3TB hard drives (for windows xp) unless you use another hardware called HBA (for those using win vista and 7).
    Last edited by YJOB; 05-07-2011 at 11:06 PM. Reason: grammatically incorrect

Blog Entries
    check this one bro.. exclusively in asus only. ASUS DISK UNLOCKER

Spoiler! 

ASUS Motherboard Disk Unlocker - Unearth the Missing Space

@whatswithjeff.. by the way, windows 7 and vista are not considered as hardware... the proper term is operating system or you can also refer to it as software.

Quote Originally Posted by lazaro4ever View Post
    @whatswithjeff.. by the way, windows 7 and vista are not considered as hardware... the proper term is operating system or you can also refer to it as software.
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by whatswithjeff View Post
    Guys alam nyo na ito, na may limit ang kaya ng current OS at hardware and can not fully support 3TB hard drives (for windows xp) unless you use another hardware (for those using win vista and 7).

Read more here...
    Read this first before upgrading to 3TB hard disk
    Thanks for the reminder but pretty old stuff, this was already known at the same time 4GB was the limit for XP.

Quote Originally Posted by lazaro4ever View Post
    ooppss sorry. I'll correct it. Thanks for informing me. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post
    Thanks for the reminder but pretty old stuff, this was already known at the same time 4GB was the limit for XP.
    I see. I only saw the info recently when I was looking for details and specs regarding the Hitachi's 3TB HDD which claims to be faster and more economical. It think they called it Ultrastar.

Sana yung mga bagong AM3 at LGA 1155 Mobo updated na at UEFI compliant na.

Matanong lang, ano yung 4GB limit for XP? limit sa HDD or sa RAM?

Quote Originally Posted by whatswithjeff View Post
    I see. I only saw the info recently when I was looking for details and specs regarding the Hitachi's 3TB HDD which claims to be faster and more economical. It think they called it Ultrastar.

Sana yung mga bagong AM3 at LGA 1155 Mobo updated na at UEFI compliant na.

Matanong lang, ano yung 4GB limit for XP? limit sa HDD or sa RAM?
    No harm done, refresher information is always good.

Technically its about 3.20Gb ~ 3.5Gb of usable limited usable RAM on a 32bit windows operating system for home use ( specifics cited ) and 1.7Gb of usable RAM per application.

tanan P8P67 series sa ASUS including the P8H67 UEFI na, so pwede nato sila 3tb no poblemo

unsaun pagpuno nato aning 3TB HDD? di ba kaha maguba nlng or ma obsolete nlng ni nga hDD di pa nato mapuno? ngutana lang unta ko =)

EDIT: please ignore. stupid question. di man diay kinahanglan pun-on ato HDD sa?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast