Default who else is getting spammed in their PM Inbox asking them to join another forum?

I just posted a reply to a post in Classifieds and almost immediately, I got 2 PM's from 2 other iSTORYA members asking me to join their own forum. Let me quote the private messages here:

1st one:

Quote Originally Posted by Creed-X
    Hello good noon, I'm inviting you to visit and join www.chikaground.net ...Thank you.

2nd one:

Quote Originally Posted by websniper
    Hi hello and good day, can i invite you to our new forum site,

www.diskasyun.net

This is a 100 % Cebu based forum site. You can also invite your friends to join us there.

Hoping for your full support and cooperation.

Thank you and God bless.

Best Regards,

Websniper

I think it's in the best interest of the Admins/Mods/Investors here if things like these are NOT allowed. For one, I hate getting spammed by useless messages.

By the way, with the speed the PM's were sent to me, that is, right after I made a post, I think these SPAM messages aren't being sent manually but thru the use of a script (a script like this is very easy to write).

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

Default Re: who else is getting spammed in their PM Inbox asking them to join another forum?

We are aware of the spamming and it certainly isn't allowed. The users will be warned and if it persists, be banned.

Default Re: who else is getting spammed in their PM Inbox asking them to join another forum?

I dont use scripts or any robotic PMs....

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Creed-X
    I dont use scripts or any robotic PMs....
    Spamming is spamming. Unless the users asked you to spam them, then it isn't allowed.

Okies...

for ever istorya.net

Blog Entries

please pm any mods or admin if you have been a victim of spamming, include the spammers username with your report and a copy of the spam message.

this will be dealt with accordingly.

Forum Rule #
    7. Do not post SPAM. SPAM includes unsolicited advertisements, flooding of the boards, inappropriate or illegal content, and cross-posting of topics. Persistent violations will result in a ban. This also applies to PM's.

i'm also getting them...

Blog Entries

All spammers kindly read our rules. If you can't stick to promoting your sites under the Website & Multimedia forums, we will have to take appropriate action. We don't prohibit you from promoting your site here, but we also cannot allow you to go above the rules. We are already recieving complaints, stop spamming.

Best Regards

10.    Advertisement