Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default An ugly and embarassing CNN report on RP

http://www.thefreeman.com/opinion/st...811-33220.html

My sister was at work in Marriott Hotel in Virginia, and she was with her workmates to get something to eat. While they were eating they saw this report on CNN, and her workmates were starting to comment about it, children, prisoners just read the above link coz I can't really describe it, I don't watch CNN.

The most embarassing thing about it was when the report said Philippines after long minutes of watching, everybody so suddenly turned to where she was.

Naulaw kuno siya, iya nalang giingnan iya mga workmates dili tanang part sa Pnas. Perhaps they're wondering why she turned out good.

For me it's duh, many countries have very poor neighbourhoods and prison cells, kini man gung ubang taw sa kalibutan like here in the US ignorante kaayo ma shock pa gyud sila, i-shack shack ta mo.

Default Re: An ugly and embarassing CNN report on RP

This is typical reporting by the media, not only in the U.S. and in quite a few other developed countries. CNN relies not only on filings by its own reporters but also on syndications. In this particular example, it apparently picked up the story from a London-based indepenent news network, ITN (http://www.itn.co.uk/news/386605.html). Another example of reporting that really casts a bad light on Filipinos everywhere, most especially U.S. based folks, is the series of reports about the botched hostage rescue in Mindanao. That incident got a lot of press time, and was featured in several primetime shows on the major networks. For people who haven't visited the Philippines, or who are not familiar with its history and role in the region, what they see and hear on TV pretty much comprises their impression and understanding of what the country is all about. Hence, for the average American, the Philippines appears to be a country where lawlessness is rampant and the legal system doesn't distinguish adults from children. It is very unfortunate that we have to deal with this reality; it can be downright embarassing for the Filipino diaspora.Â*

Very true BayouPinoy. My husbands 7-year old son who stays with his mom (my hubby's ex-wife) and only comes to visit his daddy once a month on a weekend, he said he don't want to come with us for a vacation in the Philippines coz his mom said, she doesn't know what kind of diseases there are there, and she said people are very poor.

Yeah, we're soo poor we ride carabao's to school.

Yes, I saw it too while eating my breakfast... well it's been known for many years, but what can we do... we need to use the money for the congress to run the empeachment and the mini court hearings and press conferences... and all those pa pogi points...

while a lot of things are not true, most of it is real, prison system, justice system, politics, economy etc etc. im not going to be ashamed of it. im glad in fact, it does not mean to turn people off but to tell what is real and true. hopefully something will change for the better.Â* i have been to mandaue city jail, naghatod g pagkaon sa mga rugby boys. ipon tanan bata, tiguwang, naa pod mga babaye sa laing selda. so, in as much as we have things to be proud of, these are the ugly truths. I'm glad it was shown to the world. my 2 cents. PEACE!!!

kinsa man na si valeriano avila oi? is he a professional writer? he used the word fag**t, instead of homosexual or gay ba noon. needs a little bit more tact than that.

It's easier dealing with that there than here, my sister just started her job at that branch this week, imagine how that made her feel?

i live in illinois, n'gel. i dont think it is easier to deal anywhere but these are the facts, the news was not misrepresented, it is a fact. each country has it's own problems, some more than others. tinood baya jud ni nga mga panghitabo. embarassing but true. i hope it chages though.

well maayo to para ma correct dayon....I know maka embarass kaayo...pero diri wa may mo lihok kung dila pa-ulawan...baga ug nawng na tanan diri

Quote Originally Posted by Zirv
    well maayo to para ma correct dayon....I know maka embarass kaayo...pero diri wa may mo lihok kung dila pa-ulawan...baga ug nawng na tanan diri
    Yes number 1 kabaga ug nawong ang Presidente sa Pinas ug iyang mga alipores.

these Caucasians are always prejudice..they think their race is superior to others..they didn't realize that they were once a barvarians roaming in the jungle...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast