Default How to Pass a Call Center Initial Interview

Outsourcing is the trend among large companies nowadays that's why more and more call centers have been emerging like mushrooms in Asia particularly in the Philippines. If you are a fresh graduate you might be thinking of applying at one of these BPO companies. As one of the call center agents for 3 years now, I have decided to write tips on passing the call center application process.

Here are my tips on to how to pass the initial interview.
    An initial interview can be done over the phone or in person. Usually, you will be asked by the interviewer some 3-5 questions about you.
    Common Questions:
    “Tell Me about Yourself”
    At this point, the interviewer is looking at your resume, thus, there’s no need to repeat everything you wrote on your resume.
    Tip: Give answers that would say more about your character as a person like…
    “Basically, I’m the kind of person who enjoys working with different kinds of individual. I love variations and I can appreciate individuality. Working with different kinds of people has always been a challenging thing to me. And I like challenges. It keeps me going.”
    Wrong Answer: Beginning the answer with “I am (insert name here) and I live in (insert address here). Meaning, stop telling what’s obviously written in your resume.

The Interviewer's Side

The interviewer will focus on questions that look for evidence of call center-related competencies or questions that would measure your capability to work with different kinds of individual or your customer service skills. You may be asked to give specific examples of when you have shown the required competency in your previous jobs.
    More possible questions:

• How do you usually spend your weekends?
    • Do you read books? If yes, what kind of books do you like?
    • Why do you want to work in a call center?
    • What do you know about our company?

Being nervous is inevitable especially if it's your first time to apply for a job. But as much as possible don't show it. Smile at the interviewer every once in a while. A pleasant and sincere smile. Avoid being flirtatious.

up ko ani....nice tips...

very nice tips... should be sticky to hel job hunters!

Thanks for the tips

nice!!! Maybe this would help sa mga 1st timer like me.

good job, TS. this is very helpful.

7.    Advertisement