Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reformation of Islam

One cannot close their eyes to the world crisis of terrorism and religious strife that is present today. Islam, as a religion, has been abused by corrupt muslim regimes to feed the minds of the poor, the ignorant, and the young--- breeding a new generation of radical muslims.

Saudi Arabia. 1970. It was the time a powerful muslim family ruled. It was also the time it encouraged fanaticism to muslims in their country, and around the world. But one cannot deny the downfall of Saudi Arabia's economy since.

There are tens of thousands of muslims who think it is time to take reformation seriously. Unfortunately, the bulk of the muslims lie in the state of denial. It is the time when separation of religion and politics is direly needed.

What do you people think?

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

Default Re: Reformation of Islam

1. Saudi Arabia is still ruled by a powerful muslim family.
    2. You said yourself that Islam has been abused by muslim regimes ... why then does Islam as a religion need to reform? Islam has nothing to do with politics. It should never change just because it doesn't fit today's political climate. It isn't going to nor should it change because groups of people are "corrupting" it. You can say the same for any religion. When Christians deliberately cleansing muslims in Eastern Europe, did Christianity need to change?
    3. Islam is not the cause of terrorism. Terrorists exist in every other religion for different purposes. In norther Ireland, we had Catholic and Protestant terrorists. In Latin American we had terrorism from drug lords.
    4. People need to change (hahahah). Islam is just fine.

If Islam need to be reform how much more on Christians.

1. Saudi Arabia is still ruled by a powerful muslim family.
    You said yourself that Islam has been abused by muslim regimes ... why then does Islam as a religion need to reform? Islam has nothing to do with politics.
    Yes, but in the middle east Islam IS politics. The present ruling family holds true to its cause since the 70s. It is this twisted view of Islam, which the jihadists are taking advantage of, that is in dire need of reformation. Coincidentally, it is where Mecca and Medina (Islam's holiest places) are located and thus one cannot deny the influence it has on other muslim countries around the globe, whether minimal or drastic.

I am not muslim and I have absolutely nothing against them, but I cannot deny the fact that the misuse of Islam particularly in the middle east has resulted in unfortunate world events in the previous years. When the world is affected, all can interfere. But who are more rightful to stop this foolishness but their own brothers?

Reformation.

...and I speak on this subject like I have the right. haha. Well, imagine me as a bug- I am nothing. hehe I'm just concerned for our fellow muslim brothers here and around the world. These are definitely hard times for them- to live in a world that's starting to judge muslims by their brothers' radical actions. The world also needs to set its sights on the clear picture- not some distorted view of Islam. Anyway, I do hope you understand my point- if I'm just sounding like an idiot, please ignore me.

We don't need no trouble... all we need is love. -Bob Marley

Like you said ...

It is this twisted view of Islam

hahaha....! You couldn't really forgive the title, do you?

I like to think of reformation as a form of restoration or improvement or let's say "cleansing" of the distorted views through people working together to clearly reveal once and for all their true cause. Come to think of it, everything needs reformation... I just think the subject is more controversial when relating it with world events.

And no, I don't think there's something wrong with the specific details of the religion itself, its sacred scriptures and books, etc... It's just that when we talk about a certain religion, it will always include or have something to do with the people who practice it.

Then change the title.

Reform - To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition.

There are no errors or defects in Islam, the Koran, or in Mohammad. It is after-all ... a religion. Faith does not have "errors" when one believes in it. If one belives that Jesus rose from the dead, then he rose from the dead regardless of the fact that it has no scientific possibility. How do you propose Islam be reformed? The only way to do so is to change the Koran. The problems you talk of however are political in nature ... not religious.

Islam cannot be put into better form because it is a religion. The people who follow it can be put in better form ... but that is the people, not the religion. Anyone with an open mind knows how many hypocrite Catholics exist in the Philippines. The people who do not look kindly on Islam because of the actions of the few cannot be the judge of something they do not know of nor can they change what the core religion of Islam is.

It should be REFORMATION of MUSLIMS ..... who sympathizes RADICAL ISLAMIST . Not ISLAM itself just like what everyones says about CHRISTIANS and CHRISTIANITY .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Click here:

Answering Islam : A Christian-Muslim Dailog

There are no errors or defects in Islam, the Koran, or in Mohammad. It is after-all ... a religion. Faith does not have "errors" when one believes in it.
    The first statement challenges the veracity of a number of Christian doctrines. Muslims believe that Jesus Christ is just a prophet; yet, Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the incarnation of the Son of God. Something peculiar also with the belief of Muslims about Mary (the mother of Jesus Christ). The Koran consider her the 'most blessed' among women. Not even the mother of the prophet Mohammed was given that recognition.

The second statement challenges the core aspects of religion. It implies that, by necessity, a religion has no error. That's crap, and the writer probably knows that, too. Religion must be judged according to its merit. What of Christianity is objectively against public good and public order? Is there a known and recognized pastor or priest who actually advocate violence against the masses to 'advertise' their sentiments? There may be Catholics or Protestants who advocate violence but this is apart from the Church.

The third statement denies the objective criteria of truth. Reason has its limit. Beyond our sensitive faculties, we are sorely without the proper devices to comprehend the metaphysical aspects of life except faith. Even today, no scientist has found evidence of why we actually live. They have no idea why we have life. Life remains a mystery. Does it mean that we do not live? Is science all we have to explain things?

@vern:

Yeah, I get your point. Anyway, I'll just leave the title that way. See if someone else sees how flawed it is.

But I still think otherwise though... Religion cannot exist without its people. As time goes by, the people themselves shape it. It's like gift wrapping a rock, people might not see what's really underneath, but what's inside is what really matters. Revealing the rock is reformation.

What of Christianity is objectively against public good and public order? Is there a known and recognized pastor or priest who actually advocate violence against the masses to 'advertise' their sentiments? There may be Catholics or Protestants who advocate violence but this is apart from the Church.
    Saying Islam, in general, advocates violence against the masses is entirely not true and does not apply to all muslims. To dismiss Islam as a "violent" religion is EXACTLY what we are trying to avoid in this topic. There are thousands of muslims around the world who think otherwise when it comes to jihadists and the whole "holy war" concept. Some are in denial, doubt, and in confusion... yet some have the clear picture. That is the whole point of this topic. Reformation. Let the people speak up. Let the people hear. Heal those distorted views.

There are no errors or defects in Islam, the Koran, or in Mohammad. It is after-all ... a religion. Faith does not have "errors" when one believes in it.
    With this statement, vern is clearly empathizing with muslims. He is not comparing it with christianity or saying it is the true religion.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast