Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: type of family

mahurot lang daun ang foods nga ibutang sa ref kung extended family hehehe

Default Re: Extended Families

Up lang ko hah..

When I got married last year I have to live with my wife's 3 brothers. My inLaws insist that we do because her younger brothers are still studying and their eldest just came from Manila. They needed guidance, a more matured person to lead the household, and show them around as they were relatively new here in Cebu. I'd like to believe we have a good relationship. We play basketball and computer games together, drink out sometimes and I help them in as much as I can with their needs. We treat each other as very close friends. There are times when conflict arises, thats normal.

Now, the younger lads are already in UK with my parents-in-law and the elder one just moved out. So kami na lang sa ako wifey and the new addition to the family, baby OJ. It all depends on how you show respect for every person in your household.

when i got married 5 years ago we were living together with my parents-in-law and sis-in-law first. ok man sila dili mo hilabot ang problem is their old maid for 40 years mo hilabot nako like tsismosa kaau then mo libak ba gyud feeling niya she's part of the family kalagot kaau. after na born ang akong son na move out na me sa ilang house its diff. house pero same gate magkita giyapon everyday pero sige nalang kaysa live under one roof.

naa ko dghan kaila na dghan au mga extensions sa ila balay..samok au..dghan au away(ky lain2 cla personality..dli magkasinabot)then,f naa mga visitors maghuot sa ilang balay..

bibo kung daghan mo. pero usahay mas nice jd if wala nay extended. samok man pd usahay. daghan away.

it takes a lot of paience jud kay kahibawo mo, different people=different personalities, usahay naa jud friction. so patas-an jud maayo ang pacencia. usahay makalagot pero unsaon man, dalhon na lang.

stay under one roof? its okay if immeadiate family. pero mga lau lau na gamay. ay nalng!!!!

trust me guys its a hell hole. though im not saying na all extended families ha. im with a situation right now where nami na kaayo ipatay og bata...

Quote Originally Posted by Onins
    When I got married last year I have to live with my wife's 3 brothers. My inLaws insist that we do because her younger brothers are still studying and their eldest just came from Manila. They needed guidance, a more matured person to lead the household, and show them around as they were relatively new here in Cebu. I'd like to believe we have a good relationship. We play basketball and computer games together, drink out sometimes and I help them in as much as I can with their needs. We treat each other as very close friends. There are times when conflict arises, thats normal.

Now, the younger lads are already in UK with my parents-in-law and the elder one just moved out. So kami na lang sa ako wifey and the new addition to the family, baby OJ. It all depends on how you show respect for every person in your household.
    ^^

Onins, that's wonderful. I can tell that you come from a good family with a lot of respect for each other. Sometimes kanang imong mga values learned at home as a child you carry that to your adult life and you can pretty much base that on how you relate with others outside of your own family circle. Now if you have extended families living with you who has a totally different set of values than you, conflict arises out of situations like that. Its okay to live, relate and help your extended family up to a certain point where your own comfort and privacy is not being sacrificed. Otherwise, it creates tension on both sides. And yes respect and consideration has a lot to do with those negotiating factors when an extended family or family member lives with you. Kung ako siguro, i dont mind kay way labad ni akong personality i am not the bossy type of person i am the compliant type na kamong bahala kung unsa inyo gusto mao sab ako, lol. If i can have our helper back home join me for meals on the table and eat the same food i do and not mandar around, how much more man kaha if extended families na. Di ba they say, the more the merrier, lol

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast