Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Extended Families

Filipinos are known to have the value called "close family ties".
    But does this entail that all living members of your bloodline must stay under one roof?

Are you one of those who belongs to an extended family?
    How does it feel?
    What are its advantages & disadvantages?
    Care to share some experiences?

Should you be married, would you or would you not separate from your nuclear family?

:mrgreen:

Default Re: Extended Families

sa ako na situation kami naman lang sa ako mama so kung
    mag marry man ko dapat kuyugan nako cya together sa
    akong new family....

pro f daghan guro me den i thnk mo separate jud ko...
    samokan man gud ko oi...

depending if ka vibes nimo ang imong extended family and vice versa coz most of the time its a source of conflict to your relationship.

There was a period in our life where we lived in our lola's house. It was chaos.

My cousins also lived there, and young as we were, we sometimes had fights. BUT-- on the other hand, when I did get into a fight with one of our neighbor kids, it were my cousins who also came to my rescue. They can't beat us when we're together!

We also didn't get enough privacy as there were household members wherever corner of the "little hut" you go (hehe!). BUT-- we were happy when we gather aound our little sala, watch TV, eat our little breads bought by our lola, chit chat till the wee hours of the night (even if some of us had to sleep on the floor as there were only 2 rooms in the home.. and even if we fight on who's to use the most comfy pillow in the house for tonight!).

We had to ration out our meals to make sure everyone gets a piece on the plate. So sometimes, I didn't get enough to fill my hungry, gluttoned stomach. BUT -- I was eating right & well.

-------
    When our family decided to separate, I was relieved in a way. But I also missed the good times I've had & the memories I have gathered in my lola's little hut (which until now, mind you, is still standing).
    Looking back, I see it had its advantages & disadvantages. But it was all worth the experience. The fun, the tears, the memories.... they can never be bought.

Ups! :mrgreen: Let's hear from other peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by rey04
    depending if ka vibes nimo ang imong extended family and vice versa coz most of the time its a source of conflict to your relationship.
    Based on experience, it's better to live separately from your parents or relatives.Mag ka problema man gani even if you are not living in the same roof? Unsa pa kaha kung naa diha..Part mana sa ato culture nga muhelp gyud sa parents and siblings pero kung kaya lang gyud do not live with your parents when you get married, there will be less conflicts and less stress esp. when you are starting a family. Lain lain man gud ang batasan sa tao and most often than not you will be the one adjusting if you are the in law.

Default type of family

extended...ok kaha nior samuk ?

Default Re: type of family

okie ra mn pud extended family..dli bya xa samuk..aligre nuon!!

samok if naa basagoliro sa family.

hapi family jud, ky kompleto nay basagolero, ug uban pang talentd na d msabtan..nyahahaha lingaw jud!heheh

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast